At WCI it’s more than just a program – IT’S A CULTURE
World Class INC. prides itself for having much more than a safety program. We refer to it as our safety culture. WCI’s management commitment is to a safe, healthful, and productive environment for our employees to work in each day.
Our highest priority is to provide support to our employees to erect and repair towers in a responsible manner that safeguards the health, safety, and security of not only our employees, but also our customers and the community. In addition we take every means possible to protect the environment.
WE WILL NEVER COMPROMISE SAFETY FOR THE PURPOSES OF MEETING SCHEDULES OR MAKING PROFIT!
To ensure this, WCI will:
- Operate safe workplaces and actively support each employee’s safety efforts
- Meet not only the requirements, but the spirit and intent of all applicable ES&H laws and regulations in each of the locations we operate in
- Comply to the requirements of all regulatory agencies
- Demonstrate this commitment daily by providing ethical behaviour, and by management taking personal responsibility and accountability for all safety related matters
- Make ES&H considerations a priority in all business planning processes
- Integrate ES&H management systems into their core business activities
- Review their ES&H on a regular basis to ensure all standards are met and implemented
All World Class employees go through a rigorous training program, to educate them on safe standards and practices as well as job specific skills and guidelines required to work safely in the tower industry.
The training, qualifications, and certifications that WCI employees receive include, but are not limited to:
- Orientation Classes
- Fall Protection Courses
- Crane Safety Awareness
- RF Awareness
- First Aid / CPR
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) – Basic
- PPE – Oilfield
- Wildlife Awareness
- Job Safety Analysis (JFA)
- H2S Awareness
Specific Operator Training:
In addition to safety training, WCI provides additional training for its operators, which includes:
- Rigging Courses
- Safe Boom Lift Operation
- Safe Slab Scissor Lift Courses
- Safe R.T. Scissor Lift Courses
- R.T. Forklift Training
- ComTrain (Tower Rescue) Courses
- Advanced PPE Training